- The state government has sanctioned 333 Town Planning schemes upto 1990 , 385 TP Schemes for 1991-2004 and 210 Development Plans. In Kutch area 13 Preliminary Town Planning Scheme has been sanctioned.
- Common cadre of the chief officer in municipalities has been done and 59 Chief Officers have been recruited by GPSC and appointed in municipalities.
- The Octroi has been abolished from the municipalities from 1-05-2001 and state Government is giving grants of Rs.168 crores every year.
- Computerization of the department and Heads of Department and municipalities have been done and provided 319 computers. The common modules have been installed. The expenditure of Rs.560 lakhs has been incurred.
- The Municipal Corporation and Municipalities have Citizen Charter which is the commitment of the concern ULBs to make available information regarding the position of the officers, services of the ULBs, payment of property tax, Octroi, drainage charges, water charges, building permission, completion certificates, NOCs of the land, telephone number, visiting time of the officers, inquiry grievances of complains tendered at the civic center, various fees, various licenses, acknowledgement and dispose of the complains and other required information required by the citizen. The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and Surat Municipal corporation have prepared CITIZEN CHARTER and Published and the Director of Municipalities has prepared CITIZEN CHARTER for Municipalities which is being installed in computer of the Municipalities.
- Under Chief Minister's Fifteen Point Programme the municipal corporation, the Urban / Area Development Authorities and Gujarat Housing Board had constructed 30,908 EWS houses and allotted to Economically Weaker Sections. The state Government has given subsidy of Rs.5,000/- per unit.
- Draft National Slum Policy has been framed by GOI. Based on this policy the State Government has also prepared a draft of slum policy which will be finalized soon
Disaster Management in Kachchh areas.
The fourteen Municipalities and two Municipal Corporations have been severely affected in the recent earthquake. GUDCOL is the nodal agency for undertaking various urban infrastructure projects in the earthquake-affected areas of the State under this scheme. In response three areas of action have been envisaged.
Infrastructure Development in earthquake affected Towns with assistance from ADB/World Bank.
Disaster Management Capacity Building of ULBs including Disaster Mitigation Measures. The scheme includes loan from the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank along with the counterpart funding from the State Government. The amount is being utilized for laying infrastructure in the four earthquake devastated towns of Kutch i.e. Bhuj, Anjar, Bhachau and Rapar and repairing the damaged infrastructure in 10 municipal towns.
Following is the details of other achievements :
Towns and Cities
State Government and Municipal Corporations
Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority www.auda.org.in
Gujarat Urban Development Company www.gudcltd.com
Gujarat Urban Development Mission. www.gudm.org